One reason to specifically choose to fly Lufthansa in First Class is their delicious in-flight food menu. On a personal note, I am also a champion of their more open-plan cabins, which we prefer over the enclosed suite or first-class coffin compartments. The menu below was enjoyed during our flight on Lufthansa’s A380 First Class Frankfurt to Bangkok.
Lufthansa’s First Class product is known for its excellent menus that have been prepared using seasonal and regional produce. The carrier’s onboard catering is provided by LSG Sk Chefs, a subsidiary of Lufthansa and the biggest airline caterer in the world.
On this particular flight, dinner was served right after takeoff and breakfast about 90 minutes prior to landing (although you could have your meals at any time you wanted).
- Spicy beef tartare
- Caviar with the traditional garnishes
- Stuffed beef ham with gorgonzola and date sesame chutney
- Spiced carrots with curried yoghurt
- Salad of shrimp and green papaya with chilli
- Fresh leaf salad with grilled vegetables and yoghurt lime dressing
- skrei (winter cod) with beurre blanc, bean cassoulet, smoked bell pepper mash, and Passe-Pierre seaweed
- warm curd cake with lemon thyme, yoghurt oat crumbles and sour cream ice cream flavoured with lime leaves
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Tropical yoghurt smoothie
- Assorted fresh fruits
- Muesli with yoghurt
- Yoghurt with blackberry coulis
- Gouda and brie
- Black forest ham and bresaola della Valtellina
- Graved salmon
- Scrambled egg
- A selection of different loaves of bread and rolls, croissant, muffins and Danish pastry
- Butter, jam, honey and Nutella
Every single meal tasted excellent and was beautifully presented, although unfortunately, I wasn’t too hungry after spending my pre-flight hours in the food feast of the Lufthansa First Class Terminal.
This kind of experience is out of reach of your average traveler, but a free upgrade is achievable with a bit of effort. Have a read of our tips to upgrade your next flight free to find out how you can experience such travelling luxury too!
Review by our friends at Luxury Travel Expert
COPYRIGHT 2014 - 2023 LUXURY TRAVEL DIARY. DUPLICATION OUTSIDE OF LUXURYTRAVELDIARY.COM IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN.
Note: Benefits & upgrades subject to availability. Benefits offered correct at the time of writing. Terms & conditions apply. Enquire for more information. Posts may be sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced.