We review hotels in Newport Beach with the best club or executive lounges. The best hotels for club lounges include Island Hotel Newport Beach which, unusually, also offers free alcohol and the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa.
The Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel and the Newport Beach Marriott Bayview do not have executive club lounges or concierge floors.
By reviewing each of these club lounges, in turn, I conclude which hotel club lounge comes in at the top and which hotel I would select as having the best club lounge in Newport Beach.
Wherever you decide to stay, in California or elsewhere, book via our luxury travel concierge. We offer free upgrades, free breakfasts, and free perks at hotels including the Four Seasons, Hyatt, Ritz Carlton, Marriott, InterContinental, and more.
Typically, our free benefits at luxury hotels include:
- Room upgrade to next category
- Complimentary breakfast for two per bedroom
- Complimentary Welcome Gift
- $100 USD equivalent Hotel experiential credit per room per stay
- Early check-in / Late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
1. Island Hotel Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach unveiled its elegant club lounge in 2013, and this is undoubtedly the best club lounge in Newport Beach. Situated in Newport Center, the heart of Newport Beach and coastal Orange County, the Island Hotel Newport Beach is a luxury coastal hotel offering breathtaking city and harbor views.
Island Hotel features 295 guestrooms and suites, more than 21,000 square feet of event space, the largest ballroom in the city, a spa, fitness center, resort-style pool with cabanas, and the award-winning Palm Terrace Restaurant & Lounge.
Located just steps away from Fashion Island, the area’s premier outdoor regional shopping and restaurant center, the Island Hotel is the social center of Newport Beach, one of California’s most desirable beach cities located about 45 minutes south of Los Angeles.
The 2,000-square-foot Island Club lounge is on the hotel’s 20th floor offering expansive views of the Newport Bay and Fashion Island below. It offers upgraded amenities, and comfortable living room style gathering spaces to relax and unwind before some of the best coastal views in all of Orange County.
- Enhanced continental-style breakfast Monday – Friday from 6:00 am – 10:00 am and Saturday – Sunday 6:30 am – 10:30 am
- Afternoon snacks available daily from 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Evening appetizers and desserts
- Beer and wine during the “Wine Down” hour from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm daily
- Complimentary Premium Wi-Fi
- Curbside check-in available
- 20% off Spa retail
- Shoeshine service
- Dedicated Concierge services
- A variety of financial newspapers
- Special pillow menu by housekeeping
- Automatic turndown service each night
- Personal shopper from Fashion Island
- Daily newsletter of activities & weather information
- Access to Eucalyptus Steam Room in The Spa
- iMac workstations
Complimentary wine, champagne, beer, juices, waters, coffee, tea, and sodas are served throughout the day and into the evening. Breakfast includes pastries, muffins, fruit, and juices. Outside mealtimes there are healthy granola bars and crisps and in the evening there is assorted cheese and crackers, hummus, and cut vegetables with ranch dressing to go with your free drinks.
2. Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa is your only Marriott Bonvoy choice in Newport Beach and it has one of the best club lounges in Newport beach too.
This Rewards Category 5 Southern California resort is perfectly located near the shops and restaurants of Fashion Island. Guests also have easy access to Balboa Island and Corona Del Mar State Beach.
Recharge in hotel rooms and suites which feature indulgent bedding, flat-screen TVs, ample desks, Wi-Fi, and large windows that reveal inspiring views of the golf course, city, or ocean.
Concierge rooms and suites offer exclusive access to Lounge perks, including complimentary breakfasts. Upgrade to a suite for generous living rooms and furnished balconies.
There is also a restaurant or you can grab a snack from Starbucks®. When you want to relax, pamper yourself in the hotel day spa, take a dip in the outdoor pools or work out in the fitness center. This executive lounge is closed at weekends but Platinum Marriott Bonvoy members get free continental breakfast in the restaurant on these days.
Disclosure: Posts may be sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced.