Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW) is the fourth-busiest airport in America with five terminals, but which is the best lounge at Dallas airport if you are flying in coach and want to use your Priority Pass or a relevant credit card for lounge access?
Wherever you are flying, book your flight and hotel via our luxury travel concierge. We offer free upgrades, free breakfasts, and free perks at hotels, including the Four Seasons, Hyatt, Ritz Carlton, Marriott, InterContinental, and more.
Typically, our free benefits at luxury hotels include:
- Room upgrade to next category
- Complimentary breakfast for two per bedroom
- Complimentary Welcome Gift
- $100 USD equivalent Hotel experiential credit per room per stay
- Early check-in / Late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Free Airport Lounge Access
If you have not paid for Business Class or First Class, you can access airport lounges for a fee or for free if you have a Priority Pass or an Amex Platinum card. To get extra bonus referral points and advice on the Platinum American Express and other free-lounge-access credit cards, have a read of our best credit cards for luxury travel.
1. The Club DFW
There is currently only one Priority Pass lounge that we know of at Dallas Fort Worth DFW, The Club DFW, with a seating capacity of around 60. This lounge tends to be packed, and the food options here are pretty poor, with a few pastries and yogurt for breakfast. Lunch is poor as well, with flavored popcorn and not much else. The alcohol on offer is better, with a staffed bar offering a wide selection of beers, wine, sparkling wine, and spirits. This lounge also has bottled water that you can take away.
Priority Pass members can also get a free hour at each of two Minute Suite locations in DFW (Terminal A near gate A38 and Terminal D near gate D23). These are private box rooms for sleeping. If you can sleep to order, they might be worth a go, but they are rather depressing to sit in if you don’t plan to sleep.
2. American Express Centurion Lounge, Terminal D
If you have a Platinum American Express Card, as well as a Priority Pass, a much better airport lounge option is the American Express Centurion Lounge near gate D12 in Terminal D. In fact, this is probably the best airport lounge in DFW, although it can be crowded. If you have The Platinum Card® from American Express, you can access this lounge for free, plus two free guests.
This lounge in Dallas is particularly noteworthy as it offers complimentary 15-minute spa treatments on arrival, alongside a luxury shower suite. Expect the usual perks; high-speed Wi-Fi, a premium bar, 2 dedicated workspaces, and, of course, unlimited Tex-Mex cuisine designed by award-winning chef Dean Fearing.
The menu is fairly delicious; Breakfast;
- Vanilla French Toast | Seasonal Mixed Berries, Brown Sugar Creme Fraiche
- Egg Frittata | Roasted Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Asparagus, Asiago Cheese
- Texas Migas | Chorizo, Tortilla Strips, Sweet Onions, Tomatoes, Brazos Valley White Cheddar
- Home-Fried Potatoes | Red Chili Sauce
- Additional breakfast items, include yogurt, cereals, breads, and fresh fruit, will also be available in the Lounge
Lunch & Dinner;
- Texas Mole | Chicken with Jalapeno Cream Corn
- Roasted Chicken | Sage, Caramelized Shallot Brown Butter, Mashed Sweet Potato
- Wild Kale Arugula Salad | Texas Goat Cheese, Watermelon Radish, Sundried Cherries, Pine Nuts, Apple Sherry Vinaigrette
- Blackberry Buckle | Brown Sugar Crème Fraîche
3. Plaza Premium Lounge, Terminal E
Once again, if you have a Platinum American Express Card, as well as a Priority Pass, you could also try one of the new Plaza Premium lounges in DFW Airport’s Terminal E in either late March or early April 2020. Plaza Premium Lounges are usually accessible to Platinum American Express cardholders for free, so I would expect Amex Platinum and Centurions to have access to this lounge.
The lounge in Terminal E will encompass 1,400 square feet and can accommodate up to 59. The company is also opening another lounge in Terminal D later in 2020.
The lounge will accept “walk-ups” on a dynamic pricing model, varying depending on traffic within the terminal. Expect prices at around $60 USD as an example of a price point flyers will pay to get in the lounge.
Our experience with Plaza Premium lounges is very good. They are usually stylish and fun, with a decent menu included. This lounge is expected to be one of the best at DFW when it opens.
4. Plaza Premium Lounge, Terminal D
Another Plaza Premium lounge at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is the Plaza Premium Lounge, Terminal D. This lounge is also expected to be great but is not yet open. It will be open soon. Again, this Plaza Premium lounge should be accessible to Platinum American Express cardholders for free, so I would expect Amex Platinum and Centurions to have access to this lounge.
Note: Benefits offered correct at the time of writing but may be amended at discretion of the vendor.
Disclosure: Posts may be sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced.