While all the Four Seasons hotels in Hawaii are very special, they are not all the same price, so in this review, we investigate the cheapest Four Seasons hotel in Hawaii.
Four Seasons has five exclusive hotels in Hawaii; Four Seasons Hualalai (on Big Island), Four Seasons Lanai, Lanai at Koele, Four Seasons Maui at Wailea, and the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina, which is the newest of the four. They are all gorgeous, and they are all pretty expensive. We have already detailed the best Four Seasons in Hawaii, differentiating each hotel with the specifics that you are looking for from your vacation. Lively vs. quiet, golf vs. hikes, family fun vs. peaceful adult infinity pools. Now we look at the cheapest vs. the most expensive!
The cheapest of all the Four Seasons hotels in Hawaii is one of the newest five hotels, the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina. However, prices vary wildly, so it is worth choosing the time of year that you make your visit with precision to optimize your stay. It is only by combining the cheapest time of year with the cheapest of these Four Seasons hotels and by booking special offers in advance you will secure the best deal.
We have already reviewed the cheapest Four Seasons in the world overall, but in this review, we concentrate on only the Hawaiian Four Seasons properties. These hotels tend to be at the most expensive end of the Four Seasons hotel portfolio rather than at the cheaper end, but they are worth the higher price. They are magnificent! For the sake of this article, we have priced up two 3-night stays at each property on two sets of dates to make our comparison.
For November 18-21th 2019
Four Seasons Hualalai (on Big Island) currently costs $965 per night for a Partial Ocean Room for 3 nights. Room size of 635 ft² (59 m²). There is a cheaper Golf view room, but this wasn’t available on these dates. We instead priced an Ocean Golf-View room in May. This is their cheapest room and is priced at $1,285 per night in May.
- Four Seasons Lanai currently costs $1,000 per night for a Resort View Room for 3 nights. Room size of 663–734 ft² (61–68 m²), including private Lanai (balcony)
- Four Seasons Lanai at Koele currently costs $4,090 per night for a Resort View Room for 3 nights. Room size of 500 ft² (46.5 m²)
- Four Seasons Maui at Wailea currently costs $702 per night for a Mountain-Side room for 3 nights. Room size of 600 ft² (56 m²), plus Lanai
- Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina currently costs $550 per night for a Resort Room for 3 nights. Room size average of 640 ft² (59 m²)
January 11-14th 2020
Four Seasons Hualalai (on Big Island) currently costs $1,432 per night for a Pool Side Room for 3 nights. Room size of 635 ft² (59 m²). There is a cheaper Golf view room, but this wasn’t available on these dates even though we are looking almost 6 months in advance of our proposed stay.
- Four Seasons Lanai currently costs $1,225 per night for a Resort View Room for 3 nights. Room size of 663–734 ft² (61–68 m²), including private Lanai (balcony)
- Four Seasons Lanai at Koele currently costs $4,254 per night for a Resort View Room for 3 nights. Room size of 500 ft² (46.5 m²)
- Four Seasons Maui at Wailea currently costs $1,583 per night for a Mountain-Side room for 3 nights. Room size of 600 ft² (56 m²), plus Lanai
- Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina currently costs $692 per night for a Resort Room for 3 nights. Room size average of 640 ft² (59 m²)
The most relevant tip for getting these hotels cheap is to book slightly out of season, on the edge of the high season, to take advantage of lower prices. The Four Seasons Maui actually highlights the following dates as having the cheapest rates, so if you are flexible on your dates, these are the best times to stay with them to secure the cheapest possible room rates.
- October 28 – November 24, 2019
- December 8–19, 2019
- January 5–11, 2020
- January 17–22, 2020
Clearly, Four Seasons Hualalai (on Big Island) is the most expensive Four Seasons hotel in Hawaii, which is directly on the beach, while Four Seasons Lanai at Koele is the most expensive overall. Four Seasons Lanai at Koele is a boutique property and an all-inclusive wellness retreat, so the room rate includes a lot more than just the room. Numerous spa treatments and more are included. Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina is almost always the cheapest Four Seasons in Hawaii, followed by the Four Seasons Maui.
Interestingly, whichever Four Seasons you want to book on the Hawaiian Islands, it is advisable to book as far in advance as possible. These hotels are hugely popular, and rooms tend to sell out from the base room up. So if you book last minute, you will be paying extra for the “view rooms”. Most packages, with the exception of the advance purchase packages, tend to offer a refundable booking option, which means that booking up to a year in advance is a no-brainer to secure the cheapest room. If you change your mind, you are able to cancel on most of these rates, so it is always better to book now rather than later.
I have broken down which Four Seasons we feel is best according to your needs.
- Best For Beach: Four Seasons Lanai. The beach here is private and awesome, huge with rock pools at one end. I can’t think of a more beautiful beach in the world
- Best For Pool: Four Seasons Hualalai on Big Island. It has beautiful pools and one full of fish that you can swim in
- Best For Spa: Four Seasons Lanai at Koele with its all-inclusive packages
- Best For Couples: Four Seasons Maui with its adults-only pool or Four Seasons Lanai if you want peace and quiet and to walk along an empty beach under the stars (there is the least light pollution in Lanai)
- Best For Families With Kids: All except Four Seasons Lanai at Koele, as there is no beach walkable from this property. You have to take the free shuttle to the main Lanai beach-side property
- Best For Instagram Sunsets: All of them!
- Best For Golf: Pick Lanai or Big Island. The Four Seasons Hualalai on Big Island is known for its Jack Nicklaus signature golf course. Both have incredible golf courses and are probably the best picks, although there isn’t really a bad choice for golf
- Best For Convenience: For convenience, Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina is 30 minutes from Honolulu airport and is ideal for a two-center with all the shopping and amenities of Honolulu a short drive away
Four Seasons Hotels In Hawaii
Four Seasons Lanai at Koele
Four Seasons Lanai at Koele is the one we haven’t yet reviewed separately. It sits in the mountainous center of Lanai, surrounded by lush foliage, pine-covered mountains, and fresh tropical breezes.
Four Seasons Hotel Lanai at Koele, A Sensei Retreat, is your Hawaiian base for a journey to well-being. Balancing purpose with play, Sensei connects you with an expert team for an experience that lifts the adventurous spirit and nourishes the whole of you.
First, they craft your personalized itinerary. Then, you can enjoy spa treatments (most included in your room rate) as well as fitness classes, yoga, meditation, and dining by Nobu (also all included). Enjoy cultural immersion and enriching island activities in pursuit of movement, nourishment, and rest – all in a beautiful and luxurious Four Seasons setting.
They offer a brilliant three-day reset package from around $4,000 USD, and for this price, you get a personally assigned Sensei Guide (wellness concierge) who crafts your personalized itinerary prior to your arrival and supports you throughout your stay in addition too:
- Luxurious round-trip Lanai Air transportation from Honolulu
- All meals and refreshments at the Sensei by Nobu restaurant
- Unlimited group classes and lectures
- A two-hour Sensei signature spa experience in a private hale (once per stay)
- A spa and beauty treatment (once per stay)
- A private, one-on-one consultation or training session with a Sensei Guide or wellness practitioner (once per stay)
- Art and other enriching activities
- Daily hikes
- Option to participate in nutrition, flexibility or skin analysis, thermal body mapping, and other health marker analyses (additional fees apply)
- Beach and tennis at our sister property
- 18-hole putting green on site
- Welcome gifts
- All gratuities
Certain activities, treatments, and services within this package can be substituted and adjusted to accommodate your needs and interests.
While cheap is not necessarily the best, if you travel in the low season to the Four Seasons Maui at Wailea or the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina, your room rate will be heavily discounted compared to the high season. Their cheapest room rates start at under $750 USD per night.
When it comes to Four Seasons hotels, they are all “best”, so maybe, just this once, the cheapest hotel is the best or at least one of the best hotels in Hawaii.
One point of interest, particularly if you are based in North America or Europe, as a general rule, the Caribbean Four Seasons, with the exception of the Ocean Club, tend to be cheaper than their Hawaiian equivalents. If you are prepared to risk rain in the low season, the Caribbean Four Seasons are significantly cheaper than Hawaii, at around half the price. We have reviewed the cheapest Four Seasons in the Caribbean in case you want to consider this as an alternative option.
COPYRIGHT 2014 - 2023 LUXURY TRAVEL DIARY. DUPLICATION OUTSIDE OF LUXURYTRAVELDIARY.COM IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN.
Note: Benefits & upgrades subject to availability. Benefits offered correct at the time of writing. Terms & conditions apply. Enquire for more information. Benefits offered correct at the time of writing but may be amended at discretion of the vendor. Posts may be sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced.