After a few planning hiccups, it would appear that Hawaii is about to welcome a mega hotel with a staggering new $1.5 USD Billion development on Oahu.
Hawaii is one of the most popular destinations for travelers who take advantage of our free VIP benefits using our luxury travel concierge. We have already reviewed the best luxury hotels in Hawaii and it will come as no surprise that the best hotels are Four Seasons resorts. We even highlight which is the best Four Seasons in Hawaii so you don’t have to do the research.
But rumor has it that there will soon be a brand new luxury hotel in town. A massive new resort by Atlantis is being planned for the Hawaiian island of Oahu.
It will be located at Ko Olina, which is already home to the gorgeous Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa; and Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club.
The plan is to replicate the Dubai Atlantis property. In Dubai, with similar parks and aquatic wonderlands. The Dubai property has:
- 46 hectares, with 17 hectares of Aquaventure Waterpark
- World-renowned and award-winning restaurants
- Aquatic wonderland with 65,000 marine animals
- A famous Signature Underwater Suite. They say, “Imagine waking up to a breath-taking view of the ancient ruins of the mythical lost city of Atlantis and its marine inhabitants.”
- You can also get up close and personal with the dolphins at Dolphin Bay, learn to scuba dive and swim with sharks at the Atlantis Dive Centre
- Pristine white beaches
- Nasimi Beach Club which turns into one of the coolest clubs hosting international music acts as well as spas & shops
How Do We Know These Rumours Are Likely To Happen?
Chinese developer China Oceanwide acquired the proposed land in Ko Olina back in 2016 and tapped Atlantis for the new luxury resort with around 1,400 rooms and Atlantis-branded residences, an aquarium, restaurants, bars, gyms, conference facilities, and outdoor pools.
The resort’s construction is now on track to move ahead. In January, the state Commission on Water Resource Management approved a water use and well construction permit for the project, according to the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
Atlantis also recently opened a new resort on the Chinese island of Sanya and operates two other similarly incredible resorts in Dubai and the Bahamas. The opening date has not yet been set, so for now, we recommend booking into the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Andaz, Royal Hawaiian, Halekulani or one of the other luxury resorts on the islands using our luxury travel concierge. We offer FREE upgrades, free breakfasts, free hotel credit and VIP gifts at luxury hotels like Four Seasons, Hyatt, Sheraton, Belmond, Ritz Carlton, InterContinental and more.
Disclosure: Posts may be sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced.