Did you know that you can now book American Airlines Domestic Routes on British Airways.com on Avios air miles (The British Airways air-mile currency)? The great thing about booking these routes on Avios is the lack of noteworthy fees. Travel transatlantic or around Europe and the fees are much higher.
Just taking some example dates and routes:
- 9 Jan New York (JFK) to Miami (MIA) on American Airlines in Coach costs 7,500 Avios + £4 GBP in fees
- 9 Jan New York (JFK) to Miami (MIA) on American Airlines in First costs 15,000 Avios + £4 GBP in fees
- 9 Jan New York (JFK) to Orlando (MCO) on American Airlines in Coach costs 7,500 Avios + £4 GBP in fees
- 9 Jan New York (JFK) to Orlando (MCO) on American Airlines in First costs 15,000 Avios + £4 GBP in fees
As you can see, the fees are next to nothing so this is a great way to make use of your Avios particularly on AA in Domestic First.
Here are some more examples of domestic flight costs. Double these if you want to travel in domestic First (which counts as Business on BA):
- New York to Montreal, 7,500 Avios one-way on American
- San Francisco to Honolulu, 12,500 Avios one-way on Alaska Airlines
- Los Angeles to Honolulu, 12,500 Avios one-way on American
- San Francisco to Los Angeles, 7,500 Avios Avios one-way on American
- Atlanta to New York LaGuardia, 7,500 Avios one-way on American
- Miami to Key West, 7,500 Avios one-way on American
- Toronto to Chicago, 7,500 Avios one-way on American
- US West Coast to US East Coast, 12,500 Avios one-way
- New York to Bermuda, 7,500 Avios one way
- Miami to Cancun, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay or Turks & Caicos, 7,500 Avios one-way
- Miami to Barbados is 10,000 Avios one way
Worth Knowing: Baggage
Domestic flights within the US booked with Avios usually come with no baggage allowance if booked in Economy, which is an extra incentive to book First, as this will take the baggage issue away.
American Airlines flights can be booked on ba.com. If you cannot find a redemption route that you CAN find on AmericanAirlines.com, give the BA call centre to book the flights that were showing as available on the American Airlines website. Alaska Airlines flights, ideal for Hawaii, can only be booked by telephone with British Airways Executive Club.
COPYRIGHT 2014 - 2023 LUXURY TRAVEL DIARY. DUPLICATION OUTSIDE OF LUXURYTRAVELDIARY.COM IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN.
Note: Benefits & upgrades subject to availability. Benefits offered correct at the time of writing. Terms & conditions apply. Enquire for more information. Posts may be sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced.