Did you know that when you book a stay at a luxury hotel, 9 times out of 10 you should not book on the website direct? Why? Because you are missing out on extra benefits that would be added for free if you booked through a recommended Virtuoso Travel Agent.
Virtuoso can be extremely rewarding when staying at the world’s best hotels. You don’t usually save money on the room rate, although you can book the same 3 for 2, 4 for 3 special offers and discounts that you would find on, say, the Four Season’s website. So there is no disadvantage of booking those deals through a Virtuoso agent as opposed to online, there are only advantages!
What is Virtuoso?
Virtuoso is the industry’s leading network of luxury travel advisors, spanning over 26 countries and 9,000 travel advisors. So when you book your holiday with Virtuoso, most of the time, you will be in touch with a Virtuoso travel agent like our Luxury Travel Concierge and you will not make the booking online yourself.
The internet makes it very easy to research and book your own travel. So why would one still choose to work with a travel advisor? Put simply, you get more benefits by booking through a Virtuoso Advisor than if you book direct. You still benefit from and can collect loyalty points and status if you book in this way, so you really have nothing to lose!
What are Virtuoso & Partner benefits?
For the same price as booking the hotel directly on the hotel website, you get a package of additional free benefits like this (depending on the hotel):
- Daily full English breakfast for two people per bedroom, served through in-room dining or in the hotel restaurant
- Food and beverage credit of $100 USD
- Upgrade of one category, based on availability at time of check-in (this usually excludes suites). Our partner travel agency is a member of the invitation-only Four Seasons Preferred Partner loyalty scheme. We put you at the front of the line for upgrades
- Complimentary basic Internet in all guest rooms
- Complimentary welcome gift
Virtuoso includes the world’s most luxurious hotels & resorts, most of them belonging to the portfolio of the world’s most exclusive hotel brands. This includes brands such as Soneva, Four Seasons, Rosewood, Mandarin Oriental, Six Senses, and Banyan Tree to name a few. You can see just some of the hotel chains included below. By booking with our Luxury Travel Concierge you will benefit from Virtuoso perks, benefits, upgrades, and even cashback at most luxury hotels, including priority benefits at Four Seasons hotels.
- Aman Hotels & Resorts: Free breakfast, room upgrade & gift
- Belmond Hotels: Free breakfast, room upgrade & resort credit
- Bulgari Hotels: Free Breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit & gift
- Dorchester Collection: Free Breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit
- Edition Hotels By Marriott: Free Breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit
- Jumeirah Hotels: Free breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit & gift
- Four Seasons Hotels: Free breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit & gift
- Grand Hyatt: Free Breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit & gift
- Langham Hotels: Free Breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit
- Mandarin Oriental Fan Club: Free Breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit
- Marriott North American & Caribbean Resorts: Free room upgrade
- Park Hyatt: Free Breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit & gift
- Relais & Chateaux: Room upgrade, free welcome gifts and more
- Ritz Carlton: Free breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit & gift
- Six Senses: Free breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit & gift
- Starwood (Sheraton) A Luxury Collection: Free Breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit & gift
- St. Regis Hotels: Free breakfast, room upgrade
- JW Marriott
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Leading Hotels Of The World
- Waldorf Astoria: Free breakfast, room upgrade, $100 USD credit & gift
- W-Hotels By Marriott: Free breakfast, room upgrade & $100 USD credit
- Trump Hotels
- Rocco Forte Hotels
- SilverSeas & Other Luxury Cruises
- Virtuoso benefits also extend to more bespoke luxury hotels that are not necessarily part of a big brand
What Is In It For The Agent?
You may wonder why a Virtuoso agent would spend the time putting together itineraries, suggesting hotels for you, and booking you in when the price is the same as on the hotel’s website. When you book a hotel with a Virtuoso Agent, the agent will get a small commission from the hotel for the booking. Everybody wins!
Note: Benefits offered correct at the time of writing but may be amended at discretion of the vendor.
Disclosure: Posts may be sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced.