In case you are wondering what is currently available on the new British Airways Marks & Spencer On Board in-flight food menu in Euro Traveller, then look no further. I have photographed each page (see photos above and in the scroller) individually above and have picked a couple of highlights below.
We’ve already discussed whether it is worth upgrading to Club Europe on British Airways. One reason to upgrade is to get a nice meal on your European flight. Otherwise, there is a limited selection of food that you can buy onboard, or perhaps more sensibly, you can pick a sandwich up at the airport and eat it onboard. Whatever your choice. This is your onboard menu and choice.
The British Airways Choices
Current sandwich choices:
- Farmhouse Cheddar Cheese Ploughman’s £3 GBP / 375 Avios
- Aberdeen Angus Beef and Red Onion Chutney Bloomer £4.75 GBP / 600 Avios
- Buffalo Mozzarella and Tomato Focaccia £4.95 GBP / 625 Avios
- Balanced For You Harissa Chicken and Couscous Salad With A Lemon Yoghurt Dressing £4.50 GBP / 575 Avios
Current breakfast choices:
- Oat & Barley Porridge for £1.40 GBP / 175 Avios
- Greek Style Natural Natural Yoghurt with Summer Berry Compote and Seeded Granola £1.95 GBP / 250 Avios
Current snack and bevrage choices:
- Selection of nuts and crisps, sweet treats, chocolate, small cans of soft drinks at £1.80 GBP / 225 Avios
- Coffee (caf or decaf) £2.30 GBP / 300 Avios
- Small spirits at £4.50 GBP / 575 Avios
- Beer and cider for £4 GBP / 500 Avios
Is the British Airways Food Menu Good Value For Cash And Avios
If you pay with cash (you can’t actually pay with cash – only card or Avios), these sandwiches and meal offerings are not extortionate, in line with say Starbucks or Pret A Manger, but being M&S supermarket offerings, the sandwiches, in particular, are not overly fresh and I would always choose a Pret or Starbucks sandwich over a packaged sandwich from the supermarket, so it is worth considering picking up a sandwich beforehand at the airport.
If you do decide to buy on board, should you spend your Avios on the food, and what sort of value does this offer? Well I value my Avios at around £0.01 GBP per Avios (see our article on what an Avios airmile is worth). British Airways is valuing their Avios at £0.008 GBP, which is slightly less than my Avios valuation, which does not make the food a great deal by my valuation, but the cost may work by your Avios valuation.
Of course, booking an economy or Euro Traveller ticket with Avios and then spending Avios on your in-flight meal is much cheaper than booking Club Europe, but I maintain that the fast track, BA airport lounge, extra space, and complimentary food does make Club Europe worth booking on Avios out of London airports.
British Airways features in our top Business Class Airlines and we compare British Airways Club World vs. Virgin Atlantic Upper Class including the Galleries Lounges vs. Virgin’s Clubhouses.
COPYRIGHT 2014 - 2023 LUXURY TRAVEL DIARY. DUPLICATION OUTSIDE OF LUXURYTRAVELDIARY.COM IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN.
Note: All benefits & upgrades subject to availability & Terms & Conditions, enquire for more information. Posts may be sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced.