It’s exactly one year until the Most Luxurious Ship Ever Built™, Seven Seas Explorer, sets sail on her maiden voyage on 20 July 2016 from Monte Carlo. I am in Monte Carlo right now as you may well know from my Luxury Travel Diary Instagram imagery, and I hope to be back for this historic luxury launch, not least to see how this amazing infinity Spa pool could possibly work without overflowing into the sea when the ship inevitably starts to sway!
Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ new all-suite, all balcony 750-guest Seven Seas Explorer, is designed to be the most luxurious ship ever built, with every inch of the vessel evoking elegance and grace. With a one-of-a-kind, opulent 3,875-square-foot suite, extravagantly designed lounges and showplaces, and lavish gourmet restaurants, the launch of Seven Seas Explorer is setting a new standard for luxury cruise holidays with an unrivalled collection of exciting options to explore the world together with the line’s signature brand of all-inclusive luxury.
Over the last nine months, Regent Seven Seas Cruises has continually announced many new and innovative features and amenities to debut aboard Seven Seas Explorer, which included:
· The Regent Suite – a new category of luxury suite, the Park Avenue-style apartment is 3,875-square-foot and comes complete with an in-room spa retreat and custom Steinway Arabesque piano, both firsts at sea, and features an outdoor, glass-enclosed sitting area aptly named the Vista Garden that will provide magnificent, unobstructed 270-degree views over the ship’s bow. The privileges of booking the Regent Suite extend beyond its doors. Inclusive amenities to those booking this suite include a private car with driver and guide in every port, free unlimited laundry and pressing, business and first class air as well as limousine transfer to and from the airport.
· Three distinct specialty restaurants – Open exclusively for dinner, Prime 7 is one of three distinct specialty restaurants on Seven Seas Explorer available for guests’ epicurean pleasures imposing no surcharge to dine at any of the specialty restaurants. The two new speciality venues are:
· Chartreuse – a tantalising new gourmet French specialty restaurant featuring a classic French menu with dishes expertly prepared using both classic and modern techniques for a multiple course celebration of French gastronomy. Evoking memories of a chic Parisian fine dining restaurant this is the perfect respite for guests to enjoy an apéritif, including specialty cocktails infused with the French liqueur Chartreuse. The design team at ICRAVE responsible for this sophisticated French restaurant left no detail unattended, including a silver-leafed ceiling that is interspersed with dramatic gold-bordered black lacquered lines to complete the elegant Parisian motif and a decorative iron sculpting throughout the bar pays a graceful and subtle homage to Paris’ iconic Eiffel Tower. The back portion of the restaurant seamlessly transitions from a regal dining room, to a whimsical Parisian courtyard, creating the illusion of al fresco dining.
· Pacific Rim – celebrating the culinary traditions of Asia , Pacific Rim will be yet another historical first for guests to experience featuring a diverse array of delightfully prepared pan-Asian dishes, to be savoured in an elegant dining room whose design takes inspirational cues from a variety of Asian cultures such as a Tibetan prayer wheel, contemporary lotus inspired windows, traditional Japanese rain chains and custom Chinese screens all melded harmoniously together for a truly remarkable culinary experience.
· Culinary Arts Kitchen – Regent’s first culinary instruction centre will provide guests with all the ingredients to expand their culinary skills in a welcoming environment reminiscent of the most prestigious cooking schools in France in both layout and design. The culinary workstations are fully equipped with top-of-the-line induction cooktops, stainless steel sinks and a comprehensive collection of additional cooking essentials and offer more than a dozen unique classes covering a wide array of topics including healthy cooking, fish and shellfish preparation, perfect food and wine pairings for entertaining, delectable mini-desserts, high-heat grilling, and classes inspired by the destinations visited by the ship.
· Canyon Ranch SpaClub® & Infinity Pool – the lavishly appointed, state-of-the-art spa featuring an infrared sauna, aromatic steam room and cold room will debut together with a selection of exclusive ultra-luxurious treatments developed by Canyon Ranch in partnership with lifestyle and beauty experts, Red Flower®. On a private outdoor deck, guests will find an inviting teak-deck terrace filled with plush lounge chairs that surround a beautiful infinity-edged plunge pool contouring the stern of the ship for magnificent views across the horizon.
Seven Seas Explorer will sail her maiden voyage 20 July 2016 from Monte Carlo and will spend her inaugural season in Europe before heading to Miami for a series of Caribbean voyages.
Read more about the Seven Seas Explorer including more tantilising photos of this luxury cruise ship.
Disclosure: Most of our property, service & product reviews are sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced by any sponsor.