Are you an Aman-junkie? Have you ever wondered what the best Aman resort in the world is? Or have you ever wished that you could make your Aman experience go on endlessly?
For 2015 Ampersand Travel heave teamed with Aman and have designed the most phenomenal luxury tour to date: it entails a trip of epic proportions journeying across the world staying in every single Aman resort over the course of 1 year. Aman is Sanskrit for peace and this will undoubtedly be the most peaceful and enlightening year of your life.
Traveling seamlessly throughout 19 countries & 4 continents – from Buddhist temples in Bhutan to relaxing on a Caribbean beach, from skiing in the Alps to staying within Galle Fort in Sri Lanka – this journey will enable you to experience an astonishing array of different cultures and landscapes, but with the constant rock of returning to the exquisite comforts of an Aman resort at the end of each day.
Twelve Aman resorts are on the beach, 8 are in the mountains and 7 are in or near a city, so you would never tire of the same scenery. One of the many benefits of staying exclusively at Aman resorts is the continuity it will give you, with every preference or dislike passed on personally from GM to GM. Aman’s trademark is their discreet yet warm service and the care you will receive during the course of this journey will be truly exceptional, making you feel like you are simply moving from one friend’s house to another.
Staying at 32 different locations over 365 days means you would spend an average of 11 nights at each Aman. You can see the brilliantly designed itinerary below. It ensures that you experience the best seasonal weather at each destination: spring in Japan, summer in Indonesia, autumn in the Mediterranean, a white Christmas in Wyoming and end in India as spring returns after a truly lifechanging year. This is purely a suggested itinerary and each year-long journey will be meticulously tailored to suit each client’s preferences. For those of you who cannot take a year off, the itinerary can also be split into 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter (90 days each), which can be taken individually.
Over the next few years Luxury Travel Diary will also be attempting to visit as many Aman resorts as possible starting with George Clooney’s favourite Aman Canal Grande Venice as part of my 2015 travel plans.
- Amankora, Gangtey Lodge, Bhutan 14-Mar-15 21-Mar-15
- Amankora, Thimphu Lodge, Bhutan 22-Mar-15 29-Mar-15
- Amankora, Punakha Lodge, Bhutan 30-Mar-15 06-Apr-15
- Amanpuri, Phuket, Thailand 07-Apr-15 18-Apr-15
- Amanpulo, Philippines 19-Apr-15 30-Apr-15
- Amanfayun, Hangzhou, China 01-May-15 12-May-15
- Aman Summer Palace, Beijing, China 13-May-15 24-May-15
- Aman Tokyo, Japan 25-May-15 05-Jun-15
- Amanusa, Bali, Indonesia 06-Jun-15 17-Jun-15
- Amankila, Bali, Indonesia 18-Jun-15 29-Jun-15
- Amandari, Bali, Indonesia 30-Jun-15 11-Jul-15
- Amanwana, Moyo Island, Indonesia 12-Jul-15 23-Jul-15
- Amanikan, Phinisi Coastal Cruiser, Indonesia 24-Jul-15 29-Jul-15
- Amanjiwo, Java, Indonesia 30-Jul-15 10-Aug-15
- Amanzoe, Peloponnese, Greece 11-Aug-15 22-Aug-15
- Amanruya, Aegean Coast, Turkey 23-Aug-15 03-Sep-15
- Aman Sveti Stefan, Montenegro 04-Sep-15 15-Sep-15
- Aman Canal Grande Venice, Italy 16-Sep-15 27-Sep-15
- Amanjena, Marrakesh, Morocco 28-Sep-15 09-Oct-15
- Amankora, Bumthang Lodge, Bhutan 10-Oct-15 21-Oct-15
- Amankora, Paro Lodge, Bhutan 22-Oct-15 02-Nov-15
- Amanoi, Vinh Hy Bay, Vietnam 03-Nov-15 14-Nov-15
- Amantaka, Luang Prabang, Laos 15-Nov-15 26-Nov-15
- Amansara, Siem Reap, Cambodia 27-Nov-15 08-Dec-15
- Amangiri, Utah, USA 09-Dec-15 20-Dec-15
- Amangani, Wyoming, USA 21-Dec-15 01-Jan-16
- Amanyara, Turks & Caicos 02-Jan-16 13-Jan-16
- Le Melezin, French Alps, France 14-Jan-16 25-Jan-16
- Amangalla, Galle, Sri Lanka 26-Jan-16 06-Feb-16
- Amanwella, Tangalle, Sri Lanka 07-Feb-16 18-Feb-16
- Aman-i-Khas, Ranthanbore, India 19-Feb-16 01-Mar-16
- Amanbagh, Ajabgarh, India 02-Mar-16 13-Mar-16
‘Year at Aman’ starts from £220,000 GBP per person including tailor-made trip planning, B&B accommodation (Full Board in select properties), all flights in Business Class (where applicable), private transfers, a complimentary spa treatment and an experience chosen by the General Manager at each property.
Note: Benefits offered correct at the time of writing but may be amended at discretion of the vendor.
Disclosure: Posts may be sponsored by the proprietor or brand being appraised. All opinions remain our own & are in no way influenced.